A long-time client ready to build on the success of Rivers Casino Des Plaines involved DMA in a two-part expansion project. The world’s first casino to achieve LEED Gold certification originally opened in July 2011, featuring 1,300 gaming positions, multiple food and beverage options, and a 1,560-car parking garage with an advanced guidance system. Expansion plans focused on both interior enhancements and parking capacity.
- Repositioning a pedestrian bridge and the casino’s main entrance to accommodate additional slot machines, involving approximately 6,500 square feet
- Transforming the Cube bar and lounge into a 4,900-square-foot sports bar
- Adding 882 new parking spaces in a four-level extension to the east that matches the existing garage
- Creating new underground water detention and a cistern to collect rainwater for irrigation
- Installing new signage, addition of the adjacent parcel and reworking curb cuts on River Road to accommodate the garage expansion
DMA team members led work on the original casino, supporting the initial process to secure a state gaming license, overseeing complex design and construction work, managing the effort to earn LEED Gold certification, and delivering the project under budget and ahead of schedule.