Development Management Associates, LLC (DMA) works on behalf of real estate owners to develop and improve high-profile properties, achieving the highest levels of quality and financial performance.
We provide development, project management, tenant coordination, and project accounting services for a variety of significant development and redevelopment projects, including:
- Mixed-use buildings
- Lifestyle centers
- Super regional shopping centers
- Power centers
- Office buildings
- Select condominium developments
- LEED/green buildings
- Photovoltaic Installations
Our clients are real estate investors, entrepreneurs, corporations, and investment trusts. They choose DMA for a unique set of strengths that enhance the visibility, credibility, and profitability of every project:
- An unmatched depth of development experience and talent
- Extraordinary leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated sensitivity to design and sustainability
- Established industry relationships with architects, contractors, and tenants
Our advanced technology and reporting capabilities support project success and client satisfaction.
While serving roles in other firms, DMA's principals and staff members have played leading roles in successful projects that include:
- Branson Landing, Branson, MO: lifestyle center (waterfront retail and entertainment), new development, $110 million, 500,000 square feet, phased opening for local developer HCW
- The Streets at Southpoint, Durham, NC: hybrid mall (exterior retail and entertainment), $120 million, 1.3 million square feet, 96% occupancy, 122 stores, 525,000 square feet at grand opening for Urban Retail Properties Co.
- The Glen Town Center, Glenview, IL: publicly funded mixed-use centerpiece of award-winning redevelopment project resulting from a Naval Air Station base closure for Oliver McMillan
- 900 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL: 66-story multi-use complex (luxury retail, office, residential, hotel), new development, $550 million, 2.6 million square feet, phased opening for JMB
- MGM Tower, Century City Los Angeles, CA: 35-story office building, new development, $320 million, 710 square feet for JMB
- Sun American Building, Century City, LA: 34-story office building, new development, $75 million, 750,000 square feet for JMB
- City Place, Hartford, CT, 38-story office building, 960,000 square feet for Aetna Insurance
- Houston Galleria, Houston, TX: super-regional, mixed use shopping center, major expansion and redevelopment, $118 million for
- Galleria at Roseville, Sacramento, CA: hybrid mall (exterior retail and entertainment), new development, $100 million, 1.1 million square feet, 106 stores, 97% occupancy, 388,000 square feet at grand opening for Urban Retail Properties Co.
- Citrus Park Town Center, Tampa, FL: regional center, 120 stores, 98% occupancy, 445,000 square feet at grand opening for Urban Retail Properties Co.
- Old Orchard Shopping Center, Skokie, IL: outdoor upscale shopping center (five anchors), expansion and renovation, $250 million, 1.8 million square feet, phased opening for Urban Retail Properties Co.
- Oakbrook Center, Oakbrook, IL: Outdoor upscale regional shopping center, several expansions including a $150 million Nordstrom expansion Urban Retail Properties Co.
- River Oaks, Calumet City, IL: Enclosure of open air regional center while in operation
- Tabor Center, Denver, CO: urban vertical shopping center, redevelopment and expansion for Equity Office Properties, $25 million
- 333 Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL: Major corrective work of iconic high rise office building located at the bend of the Chicago River. Work included reglazing, floor leveling roof repairs and interior office fit out.
- Stratford Square, Bloomingdale, IL: $12 million renovation of regional shopping center for Ohio Teachers and Heitman.
- Rush Walton Collection, Chicago, IL: Redevelopment of 25,000 square foot retail building for Walton Street Capital.
- Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center, Washington, DC: fit out of commercial retail and office space within the complex for the GSA
- Desert Passage, Las Vegas, NV: Repositioning and redevelopment of 475,000 retail center on the Las Vegas strip for RFR Holding and Sutton East
- Waterside Place, Boston, MA: 1.2 million square feet mixed use center on Port Authority air rights in the Sea Port District